Sine and Cosine graphs


A lot of times students are not ready for using resources that they are expected to by the curriculum. I faced that when my IB SL Maths students had to use the graphic calculator to learn about Sine and Cosine graphs. 

They were students who had just come from CBSE or ICSE background and were not used to the usage of calculators at the IB level. Their comfort zone was shaken and stirred!

I did what any empathic teacher would do. I broke the challenge into baby steps!

  1. They drew the curves on graph paper, just like good ol days! 
  2. THEN we went on the CD, projected onscreen, and saw the graphs and their changes in detail. I kept keying different values and they saw the changes in the graphs.
  3. Finally I asked them to pick up their graphic calculators and try some curve drawing using them.

The fascination and comprehension in their eyes was enough to feel contented!

No fear. Only excitement. The tech friendly generation got it right within minutes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Judge a man by the questions he asks!

Discipline models in classroom

Maths Magazine Project