Information graphs with peers



Another wonderful class where I could take a backseat while the peer teaching took over!
I created groups ensuring at least one good in math student in each group. I set the work "Learn about interpreting graphs yourself", set the timer to 20 minutes and ... let go of the class.
They chirruped softly and worked and I got on grappling with the school software with soft laughter in the background...
Needless to say, the work was turned in by the time the timer rang through the rustle.

Comments

Michelle said…
Sometimes when I feel I haven't quite gotten through to my students on a particular object, I set up my peer tutoring groups. I also enjoy listening to their interactions and discussions.

I have also started interactive journals this year, which is a great visual feedback.

Popular posts from this blog

Judge a man by the questions he asks!

Discipline models in classroom

Building school communities